There are so many people living in Avondale, Arizona who are struggling because of alcohol addiction. They actually have a condition known as alcohol use disorder, and this is something that will never just go away. It requires treatment in order for people to remain in recovery.
It is very common for people to be unaware of their options for recovery from AUD. Fortunately, there are several ways for them to get help. This is not something they will need to go through on their own.
We want to help people by providing information about the various alcohol rehab resources that are available to them in the Avondale, Arizona area. It is our hope that once more people are aware, they will be eager to get the help they need to stop drinking.
Avondale, Arizona Alcohol Use, Abuse and Addiction Statistics
Taking a look at the statistics gives us a good idea of the severity of alcohol abuse and addiction in the Avondale area. Avondale is located in Maricopa County, where there are many people who are struggling because of alcohol use disorder.
According to the Coordinated Community Health Needs Assessment for Maricopa County (2017-2020):
- More than 18% of people regularly participated in binge drinking behaviors in 2011.
- That number declined over the next two years until it hit about 15% in 2013.
- But by 2014, it had increased up to about 16%.
- Excessive alcohol use was deemed to be a serious health issue by most people in the county.
- In the survey used to make the assessment, alcohol abuse was named the top unhealthy behavior that was seen in the community.
- 49.9% of people in Maricopa County believe that alcohol abuse is the most significant health issue their county is facing.
In 2019. Banner Health released their Community Health Needs Assessment for Maricopa County. Their findings indicated that:
- Most people believe that their community is unhealthy, and alcohol abuse was given as one of the biggest reasons for that.
- Only 15% of the people believe that their county is either healthy or very healthy.
- 36.8% of people state that alcohol abuse is the most important health problem the county is facing today.
- 42.8% of people state that alcohol abuse is the most important risky behavior that has impacted their community.
- Most overdose deaths in Maricopa County include the use of alcohol along with other drugs.
The NSDUH Report Metro Brief offers some additional information about how serious alcohol addiction is in the Avondale area as well.
- 23% of people aged 12 or older report participating in binge drinking behaviors during the last month.
- This is lower than the state rate of 23.7% and the national rate of 23.2%, but it is still very concerning.
- Alcohol addiction has been known to be linked with mental health issues. 7.4% of people aged 12 or older in the local area have been diagnosed with a major depressive episode.
How Many Alcohol Rehab Centers are Located in the Avondale, Arizona Area?
People should have no trouble finding a quality alcohol addiction treatment program in the Avondale, Arizona area. According to SAMHSA, there are about 100 rehab centers located within a 25-mile radius of the city.
The alcohol rehab programs in and around Avondale include:
- Alcohol detox programs
- Sober living homes
- Telehealth services
- Hospital inpatient programs
- Inpatient rehab centers
- Outpatient rehab
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Long-term rehab facilities
What are the Options for Alcohol Rehab in Avondale?
Recovering from alcohol use disorder is challenging, but that does not mean it is impossible. Many people have stopped drinking once they received the right type of support.
We highly recommend for people in Avondale to seek out a quality alcohol treatment program in their area. No one should ever stop drinking on their own because of the risks that can accompany alcohol withdrawal. Many symptoms can be dangerous or even fatal if they are not treated appropriately.
Getting a recommendation for treatment is important. Before making a commitment to an alcohol rehab in the Avondale area, talk with someone who can determine the proper level of care that is needed.
Alcohol Detox Programs
Alcohol detox is a necessary part of the recovery process for people with alcohol use disorder. This is because of how severe withdrawal can become. Some people may be at risk for an even more severe form of alcohol withdrawal called delirium tremens, or DTs. DTs can lead to death if they are ignored.
Detoxing from alcohol involves removing toxins from the body. We highly recommend medication-assisted treatment because it has shown to be the most effective method of detoxification. MAT involves the use of certain medications that have been FDA-approved to treat alcohol withdrawal. The three most common medications that are used during MAT are:
These medications can help to relieve alcohol withdrawal symptoms, resulting in a safer recovery. MAT also includes behavioral counseling to help people change the behaviors that led to their need to drink excessively.
There are several alcohol detox programs available in the Avondale, Arizona area. Some may only offer this service while others offer it in connection with rehab. Alcohol detox should only be done on an inpatient basis for safety reasons.
Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
When a person has never had any type of addiction treatment before, the most common option that is recommended for them is inpatient rehab. This level of care involves staying at a facility for about 28 days while receiving treatment. During that time, patients may go through the detoxification process and then transition into rehab afterward.
Inpatient rehab is beneficial because it surrounds people with both professional and peer support. Patients may participate in many different types of treatment, including:
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
- Music or art therapy
- Experiential activities
There are several inpatient rehab programs located in the Avondale area.
Sometimes 28 days is not long enough for people to recover from alcohol use disorder. There are those who need a longer period of time in order to go through the healing process. In cases like these, Avondale offers a few long-term rehab programs.
Long-term rehab might be appropriate for people who have not done well in inpatient treatment. It may also be a good choice for those who have a long history of relapsing.
During long-term rehab, patients participate in therapeutic activities and counseling sessions. They typically work with a case management team who can help them prepare to reintegrate into the community.
Outpatient Treatment Facilities
In some cases, certain outpatient rehab programs can be appropriate for a person who has never been to rehab before. But for the most part, these are best saved and utilized as a form of follow-up care after having completed an inpatient program. There are three main types of outpatient rehab facilities in the Avondale, Arizona area.
- Partial hospitalization programs – PHPs offer a higher level of care on an outpatient basis. Clients come to the program during the day and stay for several hours at a time. PHPs may operate five or even seven days a week, in some cases.
- Intensive outpatient programs – IOPs are more flexible, yet they are still quite intensive. Most of them operate during the evening, which is great for people who work or go to school during the daytime. Clients come to the program between 3-5 evenings per week. There, they participate in group and individual therapy sessions.
- Traditional outpatient rehab and therapy – Finally, a more traditional outpatient rehab typically involves working with a therapist one-on-one. Sessions may be scheduled as often as three times per week.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes are another option people have available to them when they are in recovery. But they usually do not offer their own in-house addiction treatment programs. Residents are required to attend their own outpatient rehabs while they get support from others who live in the home.
Sober living can be a great option for people who want to relocate to a new place while getting the treatment they need. There are a few of them available in the Avondale area.
Alcoholics Anonymous, or AA, is an organization that offers support groups for people who want to recover from alcoholism. They do not charge any fees to participate or to become a member. There are many AA meetings taking place every week in Avondale and in the surrounding communities.
Find Out More About Alcohol Rehab in the Avondale, Arizona Area Today
At SpringBoard Arizona, we want to help as many people as we can as they work on getting sober. We know how challenging it can be to overcome an alcohol addiction, which is why we believe no one should have to go through it alone.
We offer an inpatient rehab program that includes detox services at our facility. Our caring and dedicated staff will work hard to help people reach their recovery goals.
Would you like more information about SpringBoard Arizona’s alcohol rehab program? Please contact us today.