Casa Grande, Arizona offers many opportunities for people in need of alcohol rehab to get the help they need. There are various types of treatment programs available for alcoholism, and yet, so many people never get the assistance they need to stop drinking. Some may feel as though going to rehab will not work for them, or they may not know where to get more information.
We know how hard it can be to struggle because of alcohol use disorder. Nothing is as challenging as recovering from an addiction, but that does not make it impossible. It is possible to stop drinking successfully as long as the individual has the right type of support.
People in need of alcohol rehab will find what they are looking for in the Casa Grande, Arizona area. This page offers some helpful information that can educate people in need of treatment, or their families.
Casa Grande, Arizona and Pinal County Alcohol Abuse Statistics and Information
It is interesting to take a look at the statistics to see how serious alcohol abuse is in Casa Grande. Some of the numbers are surprising, and even higher than state and national averages.
According to the Pinal County Community Health Needs Assessment from 2020:
- 53% of survey respondents stated that alcohol addiction and overdose was the most significant health problem their community was facing.
- 70% of survey respondents stated that they believed alcohol abuse was the top risky behavior people engage in within Pinal County.
- 20.2% of youth report having used alcohol at least once in the last 30 days.
- 56% of young people state that they do not view substance abuse as “risky.”
- In 2018, 10.4% of 12th graders report having participated in binge drinking.
- The same was true for 7% of 8th graders and 5.6% of 10th graders.
- These numbers actually represent a decrease from 2014, but they are still concerning.
- 56% of survey respondents claimed that either themselves or someone they know has experienced alcohol abuse or addiction.
- When asked what would help to reduce alcohol misuse and addiction in Pinal County, 63% of survey respondents answered more resources to manage their mental health and stress.
- 57% of survey respondents believe that mental health issues are the most significant health problems in their communities.
- On average, Pinal County residents report experiencing about 4 poor mental health days every month.
- Pinal County has close to half the number of mental health providers when compared to Arizona State.
- 81% of Pinal County residents either have a mental health issue themselves, or they know someone who does.
Banner Health also released a Community Health Needs Assessment in 2019 for the Casa Grande Area. According to their statistics:
- 20% of people who were surveyed stated that they believed alcohol to be the most significant risky behavior in their community.
- Many people in Pinal County rank their mental health as poor.
- Mental health issues was identified as the top most significant health problem facing the county today.
- In 2019, 22 males and 20.04 females out of every 100,000 people in Pinal County had inpatient hospitalizations for mental health.
- That year, there were 142.46 male and 144.72 female ER visits because of mental health disorders in the county.
How Many Alcohol Rehab Programs are Located in the Casa Grande, AZ Area?
Casa Grande, Arizona is located just a short trip from Phoenix and Scottsdale. Because of its location, it is close to many alcohol treatment programs. SAMHSA lists 157 alcohol rehab centers within 50 miles of Casa Grande.
These facilities all offer various levels of care to people in need of alcohol treatment. There are:
- Inpatient rehab programs
- Outpatient therapy providers
- Alcohol detox centers
- Long-term rehabilitation programs
- Sober living homes
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Facilities that offer telehealth services
What Types of Alcoholism Treatment Facilities are Available in Casa Grande, Arizona?
People who live in Casa Grande, Arizona can get help for their alcohol addictions in many different ways. As evidenced in the list above, there are various types of treatment available to help people recover.
We do recommend for people to get professional recommendations before committing to an alcohol rehab facility. They may not be aware of the level of care that they need, and a professional can give them the best advice based on what they think will work well.
Alcohol is a drug, and just like other drugs, when it is stopped, it causes withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal can begin as soon as 8 hours after the last drink. It can last for three days or even longer, in some cases. But it can also be very dangerous.
There is a form of alcohol withdrawal called delirium tremens (DTs), which can be fatal if it is not treated immediately. DTs can cause seizures, delusions and hallucinations, as well as many other symptoms.
Detoxing can help by reducing the risk of DTs and helping people get relief for their withdrawal symptoms. The most common method of alcohol detox that is recommended today is called medication-assisted treatment. It combines the use of medications and behavioral therapy to help with withdrawal and in changing destructive behaviors.
Casa Grande has many alcohol detox options. We always recommend inpatient detox because it is the safest way to go through this process.
Inpatient Rehab for Alcohol Addiction
There are several facilities in Casa Grande, Arizona that offer inpatient rehab programs. During inpatient treatment, patients stay at the facility for 28 days. While they are there, they participate in various types of therapy and other activities. When they arrive, they will go through detox, which is often offered under the same roof.
Inpatient treatment is where most people tend to begin their recovery journeys. It offers a higher level of support, which is something that most people need when they are addicted to alcohol.
The various types of therapy that are offered may include:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Family sessions
- Experiential therapy
- Art and/or music therapy
- Group therapy
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient alcohol rehab can work for some people, even it if is their first time getting treatment. But we highly recommend for people in Casa Grande to choose a more intensive program, and there are many of them available.
- Intensive outpatient programs – IOPs are usually held during the evening hours, which gives people more flexibility in their treatment. Clients come to the program between 3-5 times per week and stay for a few hours each time.
- Partial hospitalization programs – PHPs are also called day treatment programs. They operate during the day, and some are open as much as seven days a week. Clients may start off coming that often and then eventually cut down to five days. They offer therapy and medication management as well as many activities.
- Outpatient rehab and therapy – This level of care may not work well for someone who is new to treatment. Those individuals typically need more time with staff. Outpatient therapy typically involves as many as three sessions per week with a therapist in a one-on-one setting.
Long-term rehab programs are often necessary for people who have been alcoholics for a very long time. There are also people who simply need more time to recover than a 28-day stay at an inpatient facility can provide.
During long-term rehab, patients work closely with their treatment team for therapy and case management services. They have medication management, can access detox services on arrival and participate in many therapeutic activities.
12-Step programs do not provide professional treatment. But groups like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are very popular among recovering alcoholics. They offer peer therapy and are free of charge.
Sober Living Homes
Sometimes people need safe places to live while they are in recovery. Sober living homes fit that need very well. Residents are able to live there as long as they continue to attend their treatment program regularly. Some even allow people to bring their kids to live there with them.
Residents will need to abide by house rules, which include contributing to the home and paying rent if it is not covered by insurance.
Learn More About the Alcohol Rehab Options in the Casa Grande, Arizona Area
At SpringBoard Arizona, we are determined to help as many people as possible as they work to recover from alcohol addiction. We know how challenging it can be, but we also know that it is much easier when people do not have to do it alone.
Have you been thinking about getting treatment for alcoholism in the Casa Grande area? We offer an excellent inpatient treatment program that includes detox services. We would love the opportunity to talk with you about how we can help you recover.
Do you have questions about finding an alcohol rehab in the Casa Grande area? Please contact us today.