Once a person gets addicted to alcohol, quitting can pose quite a challenge. There are many Goodyear, Arizona area alcohol rehab programs available, but many people are not aware of where to get the help they need to stop drinking. Instead, they submit to the belief that they will remain alcoholics for the rest of their lives.
It is hard to stop drinking and stay sober, but it gets easier when people have the right level of support behind them. Alcoholism recovery is something that no one should have to do on their own, and the good news is that they do not have to.
It can be helpful for people to understand the various recovery resources and programs that are in their own local communities. We want to take this opportunity to provide information about the alcohol rehab facilities that are there to help people who live in the Goodyear, Arizona area.
Goodyear, Arizona Area Alcohol Use, Abuse and Addiction Statistics
Goodyear, Arizona is such a beautiful part of the state. But there are so many people there who are struggling because of alcohol use disorder. For them, it can feel as though they are stuck with no way out.
The statistics paint a more complete and accurate picture of what is happening in Goodyear and how serious the need is for alcohol rehab programs. Banner Health released a Community Health Needs Assessment in 2019 for Maricopa County, which is where Goodyear is located. They found that:
- Most people state that the community they live in is unhealthy, and they cite alcohol abuse as one of the biggest reasons for that.
- Only about 15% of the people in the county believe that their community is either healthy or very healthy.
- Close to 37% of the people believe that alcohol abuse is the single most important health issue their area is facing.
- Almost 43% of the people believe that alcohol abuse is the most important risky behavior that people engage in within Maricopa County.
- Most overdose deaths involve the use of alcohol along with several other drugs in the county.
Additional information about alcohol abuse can be found in the NSDUH Report Metro Brief, which was created for the Phoenix area. It states that:
- 23% of people who are age 12 or older have participated in binge drinking within the last 30 days.
- Although this number is lower than the state rate (23.7%) and the national rate (23.2%), it is still something to be concerned about.
- 7.4% of people in the local area have been diagnosed with a major depressive episode.
- This is important because of the close link between depression and other mental health issues and alcohol abuse.
Another Community Health Needs Assessment for Maricopa County states that:
- In 2011, more than 18% of people in the county regularly participated in binge drinking.
- This number is expected to have risen in recent years.
- But it did decline over the next two years and then it increased to 15% in 2013.
- By 2014, it increased to 16%.
- The people of Maricopa County who were surveyed stated that alcohol abuse was the top unhealthy behavior in their community.
- Almost 50% of the people believe that alcohol abuse and addiction are the most important health issues the county is facing.
How Many Alcohol Rehab Facilities are Located in the Goodyear, AZ Area?
Fortunately, even though the alcohol addiction problem is a serious one in Goodyear, there are still ways for people to get the help they need to stop drinking. SAMHSA indicates that there are 172 alcohol treatment programs within 50 miles of Goodyear. They offer various levels of care and include:
- Long-term rehab programs
- Outpatient rehab and counseling
- Inpatient treatment
- Alcohol detox and MAT programs
- Hospital rehab and detox programs
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Sober living homes
- Telehealth services
What Types of Alcohol Addiction Treatment Programs are Local to Goodyear, Arizona?
There are many options available for people who are seeking alcohol rehab centers in the Goodyear area, as evidenced by the list above. But not every program is right for every person. It is really important for people to get personalized recommendations so they know the type of treatment that will work best for them.
Alcohol Detox Centers and Programs
The Goodyear, Arizona area has many options for people who are seeking alcohol detox. We always recommend inpatient detox as opposed to outpatient; especially for those with alcohol addictions. This is because of the complications that can come from alcohol withdrawal. Symptoms can quickly become severe and require immediate medical attention. Delirium tremens is a form of alcohol withdrawal that can be fatal if it is left untreated.
Detoxing is a way to lessen the severity and shorten the duration of withdrawal in most cases. Medication-assisted treatment is the best way to treat symptoms. This involves a combination of behavioral therapy and medications that are FDA-approved to treat alcohol withdrawal. Some medications that might be offered to patients include:
Inpatient Alcohol Rehabs
Inpatient alcohol treatment is what most people think of when they think of rehab. It involves a 28-day stay in a facility where they receive therapy. Many inpatient rehab programs also include detox services, which is very helpful.
During inpatient rehab, patients participate in a wide variety of therapeutic activities. They may have art and/or music therapy as well as experiential therapy, which involves things like equine therapy. Individual, group and family counseling are also a big part of going to an inpatient treatment program.
There are several inpatient rehabs that offer treatment for alcohol use disorder in the Goodyear area.
Outpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers
Most people would rather participate in an outpatient rehab program simply because it means they can continue to live at home. But please be aware that not everyone is appropriate for this level of care. Some types of outpatient treatment can work well for people who have solid support systems at home. But it is most often utilized as a form of follow-up care.
The options for outpatient rehab that are available to people in Goodyear, Arizona include:
- Traditional outpatient rehab – This is the lowest level of care available. Clients work with a therapist in one-on-one sessions. They may have appointments as often as 3 times per week. Some therapists offer group therapy as well, but most do not.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, offer a higher level of care. Clients come to the program 3-5 evenings per week, which means they can continue to work or take care of their other responsibilities during the day. These programs may run for about 12 weeks.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, are also called day treatment programs. They operate during the daytime and clients participate 5-7 days per week. During that time, they receive therapy and medication management services.
Long-term rehab may be necessary for some people who have been alcoholics for a really long time. For them, 28 days in an inpatient program might not be long enough. They may have a long history of relapsing or perhaps they tried inpatient rehab in the past and it did not help.
Going to a long-term rehab involves staying at a facility for several months at a time. It is a much more intensive experience and staff members work closely with the patients to help them prepare to reintegrate back into their communities. There are several long-term rehabs located close to Goodyear.
Sober Living Homes
People who are in recovery may choose to reside in sober living homes as they continue to focus on staying sober. Sober living homes do not typically offer their own therapy in-house. Instead, they serve as safe places for people to live while they are recovering.
There are many sober living homes in the Goodyear area. Residents are typically required to pay rent and contribute to the household in some way, such as by making meals or doing other chores.
Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings
Alcoholics Anonymous does not offer professional treatment for alcoholism. But they do offer a way for people to get support from groups of their peers. There are AA meetings taking place in Goodyear as well as in the surrounding cities every day.
Find Out More About Alcohol Rehab in Goodyear, Arizona
At SpringBoard Arizona, we believe that everyone deserves to know about the options that are available to them for alcohol rehab. People who live in Goodyear, Arizona have so many to choose from, and if a person has the desire to stop drinking, it is possible for them to achieve that goal.
We offer an excellent inpatient rehab program that includes detox services for our patients. Our caring and dedicated staff is here to help answer any questions you might have.
Are you searching for alcohol rehab in the Goodyear, Arizona area? We can help. Please contact us today.